Microsoft Project Professional 2013 is project management software. It enables managers to stay informed and control project work, schedules, and finances.
This donation provides one Licence and one device client access Licence (CAL) for Project Server 2013. The device CAL authorizes one computer or other device to access the services of Project Server regardless of the number of users (for example, a shared workstation). See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Benefits for Organisations
If you understand project management concepts, you can use Project Professional to schedule tasks, allocate resources, track progress, and share project information. Project can be used for both large and small projects.
• All Project Standard capabilities: Project Professional gives you all the capabilities of Project Standard. In addition, it provides at-a-glance resource management tools, integration with Project Server, and team collaboration tools using SharePoint.
• Automatic or manual scheduling: Project's scheduling engine can forecast the date of a task based on various factors, like dependencies, duration, and constraints. If automatic calculations aren't required, the user-controlled scheduling option gives you complete scheduling control in a given project.
• SharePoint synchronization: You can publish project schedules to SharePoint Foundation 2013 task lists, allowing team members to independently update task statuses. Updates from team members automatically synchronize with Project schedules.
• Team Planner: The Team Planner lets you visually drag and drop resources in an interactive resource view to simplify complex resource scenarios. You can quickly spot unassigned or unscheduled work as well as overload conditions.
• Enterprise project management: You can integrate this product with Project Server 2013 and Project Web App to give you control across all types of work and allow you to visualize performance through dashboards.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Project 2013, organisations can choose between two types of volume Licence keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) Licence key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organisations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
For help deciding which type of key to use, Microsoft offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office 2013 software, which also applies to Project 2013.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires installation media and a Licence key. The Licence key allows you to use the installation media to install the product on as many computers as you have received Licences for.
Expect three emails:
1. When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup New Zealand will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of Licences you have requested.
2. Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
3. TechSoup New Zealand will send an email with information about managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance programme, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
• 1-GHz (or higher) processor, 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit, with SSE2 instruction set
• 1 GB or more RAM (32-bit); 2 GB or more RAM (64-bit)
• 2 GB available hard-disk space
• 1,024 x 576-pixel (or higher) display
• For graphics hardware acceleration - DirectX10 graphics card
• For touch features - touch-enabled Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC
• Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2012; Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit); Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
• Internet Explorer 8 or later; Firefox 10 or later; Chrome 17 or later
For some features or advanced functionality, see the full list of system requirements.