A SharePoint Server Enterprise device client access Licence (CAL) can be used only in conjunction with a SharePoint Server Standard device CAL. It authorizes one computer or other device to access additional features in SharePoint Server, regardless of the number of users (for example, a shared workstation).
This donation provides one Enterprise device CAL. Enterprise user CALs - for providing individuals with access to additional features -and Standard CALs (user and device) are also available.
The Enterprise device CAL provides access to additional features in SharePoint Server, including:
• Business Connectivity Services: SharePoint can manipulate external data, both online and offline, from other instances of SharePoint and from Office applications.
• Access Services: You can make changes to and publish Access databases directly from SharePoint.
• Enterprise Search: The enhanced version of SharePoint's search feature allows you to search, filter, and sort up to 100 million documents.
• InfoPath Forms Services: You can create form-based applications in InfoPath and deploy them to SharePoint.
• Excel Services: Excel workbooks with PowerPivot can be published as interactive reports and dashboards within SharePoint.
A full list of additional features is available on Microsoft's Volume Licensing website, via the Exceptions and Additional Terms Specific to SharePoint Server 2013 link.
Note: This license does not require media, license keys, or setup codes.
CALs, ECLs, and management Licences (MLs) offered through TechSoup New Zealand are always for the currently offered version of the server software. However, these Licences can also be used with earlier versions of the server software.