1. Thank you for taking the time to review our Terms and Conditions. At times, TechSoup New Zealand will collect certain personal information about customers and visitors to websites hosted by us. Such information will include both identifiable personal data, as well as non-identifiable personal information. Identifiable personal information will be collected when you sign a contract for service with us, or use our website for a transaction or subscription service. Non-identifiable information is gathered automatically when you visit our website or those websites hosted by us, and stored for use in our system.
2. The purpose of this document is to explain to customers what types of information we will collect and how that information is used. In most cases, we collect this information to ensure network integrity and that we continue to provide you with the most relevant content and best possible service that suits your needs. In some cases, we are required by law to collect personal information about customers. Except where the law requires otherwise, we undertake to protect the confidentiality of such data.
3. TechSoup New Zealand respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website, or those websites hosted by us. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
Collection of Personal Data
4. TechSoup New Zealand collects personal data about our users when you visit a website hosted by us; apply for a service subscription; respond to a customer questionnaire; and through the use of cookie technology. We may also combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from our business partners or affiliates.
Use of Personal Data
5. TechSoup New Zealand may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases, solicit your feedback. However, TechSoup New Zealand will provide you with an option within every communication to opt out of receiving any communications of this nature or you can contact our customer services representative to ensure that you do not receive such promotional information.
6. TechSoup New Zealand may collect and share aggregated user data with business partners, sponsors or other third parties for the purposes of developing content and ensuring relevant advertising and content, such user data will never be used to identify individual users. These business partners and affiliated companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
7. TechSoup New Zealand may log the websites you visit; collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration; to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous.
8. Any information TechSoup New Zealand collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within TechSoup New Zealand or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
9. Any information that customers disclose in a public space, including on any bulletin board, chat room or any site TechSoup New Zealand may host for you, is available to anyone else who visits that space. TechSoup New Zealand cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
11. TechSoup New Zealand will not enter into a service subscription contract with a minor. TechSoup New Zealand undertakes not to contact minors about promotional offers or for marketing purposes without a parental consent.
Reservation of Rights
12. TechSoup New Zealand reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
13. TechSoup New Zealand further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
14. TechSoup New Zealand reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit legal written consent to do so.
15. TechSoup New Zealand reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.